Language steps was written by Amanda Armstrong and is an extensive language resource aimed at improving children’s understanding and use of language.
What is Language Steps
Language Steps targets language comprehension and expression. The programme includes language activities targeting one to four word level.
The approach is focused on key word understanding and expression and does not explicitly target vocabulary, basic concepts or grammar.
The approach has been developed to mirror Derbyshire Language Scheme targets, and therefore the aim of the approach is to develop the amount of information carrying words a child says and/or understands.
The programme consists of 7 sections which each have 6 sessions plans and associated homework activities. This is a photocopiable resource, therefore sheets can be sent home as homework and the targets can be written in a child’s Individual Education Plan
Who can it be used with
- Children with Language Delay/Disorder
- Children with Learning Disabilities
- Children with Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Children with Genetic conditions
Who can deliver the approach
- Speech & Language Therapists
- Speech and Language Therapy Assistants
- Teachers and Teaching Assistants
- Nursery nurses