Free Colourful Semantics resources
Our Colourful Semantics resources have been designed by our team of SLTs and can be downloaded for free here. Alternatively you can like and follow our Facebook Resources page to see the latest themed resources.
Many of our resources are topic based to help you support curriculum themes across each term.
Next Training Course Dates
21st September in Birmingham
Alison Bryan will run through the Colourful Semantics approach and also provide you with inspiration for resource making in a hands on workshop as part of the day.
If you would like to request a space on this training course please go to the Eventbrite website or app.
Alternatively you can register your interest in future dates using the form below.
What is Colourful Semantics
Colourful Semantics is the ‘meaning of the words’ and this is made colourful by breaking down and colour coding different parts of a sentence. Colourful Semantics is a speech and language therapy intervention that indirectly works on developing a child’s grammar through the use of:
- Spoken sentences
- Answering W/H questions
- Use of nouns, verbs, prepositions and adjectives
- Story telling skills
- Written sentences and language comprehension
You will be able to work through the Colourful Semantics programme to encourage the child to create sentences. This is initially taught by focusing on sorting out colours, which will then progress to an understanding that there are different parts that make up a sentence.
The overall aim is for the child to eventually produce grammatical and informational sentences.
The 4 key levels are:
Level 1 – Who? The Dog. Subject -( ORANGE)
Level 2 – What doing? Is playing with. Verb – (Yellow)
Level 3 – What? The Ball. Object (Green)
Level 4 – Where? In the Garden. Location (Blue)
The 21st September training course will be held at
The Deaf Cultural Centre
Coffee and Tea on arrival at 9am for 9.30am start
- What is it? Where does it come from?
- Theoretical underpinning
- Learning and practising the basics – CORE LEVEL
- CORE LEVEL – application
- BROAD and NARROW level – application
- Your next steps?
- CS practical resource development session using Boardmaker Online
Who can attend
The course is open to SENCos / Teachers / Teaching Assistants / Speech and Language Therapists / Other professionals
- We are very happy to be able to offer this training course at £99 + fee per person for the full day. Due to the high demand of these training events, we ask that you please inform us if you are unable to attend so that we may offer your place to a delegate on the waiting list.
- In booking a space all delegates agree to provide a minimum of 21 days notice of cancellation and acknowledge they will not be refunded their booking fee should notice not be received, a replacement delegate / colleague can be sent on the day should you not be able to attend.
- Your place will only be confirmed once ITS receives payment, if you elect to pay by invoice your space will be held until the due date of the invoice (7 days from receipt) – if payment is not made within the 7days your space may be released for sale.
- Joining instructions, including directions to the venue, will be emailed to you one or two weeks before the course commences. This will contain details of how to get to the venue and an up to date agenda.
Register your interest for future dates
Please reserve your place via Eventbrite or use the form below to register your interest for future dates, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or queries.