Why use ITS to manage you CPD and /or clinical supervision:
Are you employing your own SLT but are concerned about how you manage their continued professional development and clinical supervision needs in line with RCSLT and HCPC standards?
ITS provides you peace of mind as well as evidence that these standards are being met by your therapists.
Ensuring your therapists have the correct clinical and professional support has been proven to increase consistency and commitment of a SLT working with your setting for an extended length of time.
- Lack of management by a Speech and Language Therapist who would understand their unique needs
- Lack of clinical support to assist them through complex caseloads
- Lack of training opportunities to develop their skill set and keep them up to date with the latest evidence based practice
- Isolation and a lack of SLT peers
- Lack of second opinions and sense of doubt in their clinical reasoning
Your SLT can feel part of our team and overcome many of the challenges working in a school can give rise to!
What does RCSLT and HCPC outline as their requirements for each band of SLT?
RCSLT recommend that services support the mentoring of clinical practice through
- Managerial supervision – (to be provided by your setting)
- Clinical supervision
- Personal development and performance review (PDPR)
- Personal development plan (PDP)
The amount of time will vary in line with the banding of the SLT, you can access more detailed information here
Professional / Clinical supervision
|NQT||1 hr/weekly during the first 3months; 1 hr/monthly thereafter|
|Experienced SLT||1-1.5 hrs/every 4-6 weeks 1:1; *group; peer;combination. The minimum time requirement for supervision can be distributed across different forms and is cumulative|
|Locum/temporary SLT||1-1.5 hrs/every 4-6 weeks 1:1; *group; peer;combination. The minimum time requirement for supervision can be distributed across different forms and is cumulative|
|SLTA||1-1.5 hrs/every 4-6 weeks 1:1; *group; peer; combination. The minimum time requirement for supervision can be distributed across different forms and is cumulative|
Integrated Treatment Services can provide TWO packages of support
1) Annual CPD package
- Colourful semantics
- Assessing and working on language levels (in line with Derbyshire© language type activities
- Approaches to use when working with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Using high tech and low tech AAC with your caseload
- Working on good communication environments
- Developmental language disorder
- School based intervention approaches
- Writing effective assessment and therapy reports including tribunal awareness