As part of our commitment to the RCSLT Giving Voice campaign ITS are proud to host our annual Graduate transition event aimed at supporting Newly Qualified Speech and Language Therapists master the skills required to succeed as a practicing therapist.
This Event is now full, you can still register to receive information from the day, on the form below.
What’s covered in the event?
Graduating as a SLT is an exciting time, yet at the same time often daunting as to how you will transition into a fully practicing SLT without the support of Uni.
Who can attend?
The event is free to attend for all graduates and soon to be graduates of 2017, across the U.K. and from abroad
Where is the event held?
Due to unprecedented demand for this year’s event we have had to change the venue to the Phoenix Theatre in Leicester. It is an easy walking distance from the station and on site parking is available.
About the event;
We are proud to support newly qualified Speech and Language Therapists graduate into fully fledged SLTs facilitating:
- Successful SLT interview skills
- Development of your confidence and skills when working with your first caseload
- Your understanding of the NQP competencies framework and how to gather evidence to reach sign off
- A whistle stop tour of assessments you might use
- A whistle stop tour of evidence based and therapeutic interventions, including Colourful Semantics, Talk Tools, Talk Boost
- Professional development skills helping you to successfully manage new relationships with clients, teaching staff and professional colleagues in your new graduate role
Is there a charge?
The event is free to attend for all graduates and soon to be graduates of 2017.
What if I can’t make the event?
Contact us anyway using the form below and we will do our upmost to share information which will be useful and supportive for you going into your first role as a SLT.
How do I register for the event?
The event is now fully subscribed, you can still register for the information from the day using the form below.