Graduating as a SLT is an exciting time, yet at the same time often daunting as to how you will transition into a fully practicing SLT without the support of Uni.
Here at ITS we are passionate in supporting SLTs to make that transition into their first SLT role.
SLT Graduate transition events:
You might have attended one of our recent free SLT Graduate transition events, which aims to take students through a whistle stop tour post graduation
- Looking for posts
- Interviewing / interview questions
- Deciding if a position is right for you
- Accepting a post and starting your first post
- Managing client groups who might seem daunting
- Managing first experiences in clinical sessions
- Familiarising with Informal and Formal assessments
- Covering Evidence based practice and Practice based evidence
- Working through sign off of RCSLT competencies
- Carving a career pathway
To the top right you will find links to all the useful information covered during this session as well as further information which might help you in your graduate journey. You can see the presentation from the day here.
Forthcoming training events:
We are always happy to cover topics which you and your peers are looking to gain further support on.
The following paid training events are planned – to read more about the content covered and to reserve your space, click on the link/s below:
- Exam Preparation – Let us know what you would find most useful – email us on firstname.lastname@example.org – Late April / Early May
- A hands on practical day in how to deliver therapy with a Paediatric and ALD client groups – 29th April – Leicester – more course details and link to booking
- A hands on practical day in how to carry out therapy with an adult client group May 2017 and VENUE TBC – more details
- A Practical day on report writing and target setting
June 2017 and VENUE TBC – more details
- A practical session on administrating formal and informal assessments with Paediatric and adult client groups – October 2017 and VENUE TBC – more details
- Colourful Semantics Training – 21st September 2017 Birmingham – click here to book or for more details